DIGITAL MEETS EXPERIENTIAL
Many activations aren’t complete until the experience can be shared as a part of a comprehensive content strategy …
- Sprint needed some to help launch their community outreach program. I worked with CMN/Events and the brand directly to develop Sprint4Change, and all-day music seminar for Chicago Public School kids. Music professionals were brought in as speakers, an original song was composed, a dozen :30 second video pieces were shot, edited, and released throughout the day as a part of a twitter campaign, a three minute video highlighting the day’s events was delivered a week later.
- Meet Kahindo is one of the 25 pieces I produced for Nielsen, the objective was to bring their research to life, and highlight Black History Month, LGBT Month, and more. After the success of the content campaign, I took the Nielsen series to an experiential level and built an innovative video confessional for live activations and future social media campaigns. Here is one of the content posts from the Essence Festival.
- ORS Hair Care asked for a campaign that was half experiential and half content driven to launch a new product line. I developed a 6-city tour on a wrapped bus with plenty of content possibilities. A video edit bay was set up on the bus, cameras were placed everywhere, and makeover candidates were casted. The result; a successful product launch and new social media initiatives for the brand.
Here is a live activation I produced for Sprint to help introduce the IPhone6s to Chicago. A small flash mob was contracted, six cameras were capturing the action, and an edit bay was set up across the street. The result; engaging video content was released within an hour of the first IPhone being handed to a Sprint customer, local news coverage, and a very happy client.
A MYRIAD OF CONTENT
I’ve been fortunate to write and produce a wide variety of content. Here are just a few examples…
- This is a broadcast spot I designed and produced for Andre Walker Hair.
- I wrote, produced, and edited this branding piece for a financial firm, and eventually used the copy as the foundation for two web sites, including one for Cedar Capital and a video portal site.
- Here is a video I produced for Caris Life Sciences. The challenge was to take what appeared to be an average office space and showcase its equipment/capabilities, further recognizing the facility and the company as an industry leader.
- I produced, directed, and edited a series of customer testimonials for the Donlen Corporation. This piece is titled: Donlen Is Focused On You.
I define branded entertainment as programming with an agenda. As for the digital show treatments I’ve written…
- There is Tag, You’re It, written for Walmart to appeal to millennial moms.
- Carpool was written for Nickelodeon so they can get a car sponsor.
- Office Crash is a content series I prepared for Tribune’s Content Solutions department and their client Gino’s East.
- If The Shoe Fits was written for Marie Claire to help bring their magazine’s content to another level.
- My Husband’s A Tool was written for a tool company but eventually pitched to Nick Mom, Meredith Corp, HGTV, and others.
- Finding The Funny was written for comedian Craig Fergusson’s production company to serve as a digital option for business growth.
- This spec treatment for Subway was written as an example of how a digital series can support the overall mission of the brand. Inspired by its founder Fred DeLuca, At The Heart of Subway highlights the entrepreneurial spirit behind the franchise owners, and the importance of making heart healthy sandwiches.
- Give A Room, Get A Room is a content series written for Tribune Media and their client Hilton.
- Cadent Media requested a content series for their National Association of Realtors client.
COPYWRITING / ART DIRECTION
In addition to the copywriting examples above, I’ve had the opportunity to write brand narratives, radio scripts, pitch decks, web site copy, and more. Examples of this work is available upon request. I consider myself a CD/Copywriter, but have experience designing in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
I have served as an Executive Producer on dozens of video shoots, several different motion graphic packages, and hundreds of original music pieces.